check out this zit i have
yes. it is under my nostril.
it is causing me palpable pain and i really wanna pop it.
the problem is that whenever i’ve popped zits in the past i end up with gigantic dark acne scars. i really don’t need a scar right under my nose right now.
i’ve wanted to post about my acne scars for a while because i’m kinda proud of my progress in getting rid of them over the past roughly 4 months.
you’re gonna get to see some totally unedited photos of my forehead now just so you can see the change in my scars.
my skin always looks terrible when i get tanner (one more good reason to avoid the sun) so me being tanned and having not so awful scars is impressive
my scars are by no means gone but i have made some leeway on getting rid of them.
so i might as well give you my tips since you’re reading, right?
- wash your face daily (no brainer but some people don’t do it and wonder why their skin is bad)
- exfoliate 2-3 times per week
- use “brightening” face masks after exfoliating at least once per week
- use a witch hazel toner after cleansing daily
- use a tone correcting moisturizer (i won’t reveal which one i use because it turns out it isn’t cruelty free (*≧m≦*) )
- drink a metric fuckton of water (i drink 4 liters daily)
- take probiotics (i don’t know if this is actually causing a change in my skin but i started taking probiotics at the same time as beginning my skin journey)
- be vegan? i don’t know thats basically my diet summed up i kinda just eat whatever’s vegan
they’re pretty basic tips.
it makes me happy to see some progress with my acne scars because honestly i hate wearing foundation. it’s just so annoying to remove. i wanna be one of those girls that goes viral online for having “glass skin” and every day i’m getting closer. watch your back.