my 18th birthday is in less than a week…
i’m not excited.
i’m terrified in fact.
i’ll be officially an adult and once that hits me i’m gonna feel even less accomplished.
for my whole life i’ve felt like i’m super behind everyone else because i was late to the game as far as fashion, social skills, relationships, etc. so now i have a new milestone to say “well i’m an adult and i still haven’t done this” so my self esteem is definitely gonna take a blow on my 18th birthday.
i’ve never been a super happy person on my birthdays because it’s almost always less of an exciting thing for me and more of a reminder that i’m gonna die someday and thus mildly horrifying.
i suppose since this post and my general philosophy are so negative i’ll make some resolutions for my 18th year. i’ve never done new years resolutions but i’ve always silently had goals that i want to reach by a certain age. so before i’m 19…
- i’ll write 25 songs
- i’ll improve each language skill by at least one level (i.e beginner to intermediate)
- i’ll get my blog to 500 wordpress followers
- i’ll get better at photography.
- i’ll try to post 1 video per week
- i’ll lighten my acne scars even more
- i’ll find a good voice lesson teacher
- i’ll keep myself from relapsing
- i’ll remember to take my meds/vitamins daily
- i’ll reach 700 tumblr followers
- i’ll always be hydrated
- i’ll try to minimize the times i break my nails
- i’ll make 5 new friends
here’s a picture of me before you leave
please follow my blog if you wanna read more posts like this
i really appreciate my readers ♡