today my mom and i went to the movie theater.
we saw two movies: Hotel Transylvania 3 and Christopher Robin.
both movies were delightful but in the theater where we saw christopher robin i was thoroughly upset by the group of kids around my age who were high, noisy, and overall rude.
they would talk at the screen, talk to each other, laugh during any quiet (noncomedic) moment, and didn’t stop even though i clearly heard the person next to them ask them to be quiet. and not to mention the dude in the row in front of me who was on his phone scrolling through FACEBOOK for at least 40% of the movie.
i’m not too awful of a prude, but this really pisses me off! and rightfully so! do you know how much it costs to see a movie? and how rarely i go to the movie theater?
everyone deserves to have a decent experience and to hear the damn dialogue!
so if you’re a not so considerate person reading this i’d like to lay out some ground rules for the next time you enter a theater.
- turn your phone off or leave the theater if you have to use it
- don’t get high before coming unless you’re seeing a bill and ted movie
- if someone asks you to be more polite, BE MORE POLITE
- the characters on screen are speaking to each other, not to you so don’t reply to them
- understand that not everyone has the money to see every new release so this may be special to them (for example me, for whom this was a birthday present) so maybe just don’t act up
- if a scene is quiet mimic the volume level
hopefully you may have learned a new trick to try at the movie theater next time you go or this confirmed your stance of “don’t be a d*ck”.
thank you for reading