I read this story about a guy who was in a coma the other day. In the hospital room they kept the channel tuned to PBS kids. The thing is, the man had the full ability to hear. So he had to listen to hours upon hour of children’s programming. Of all the shows he had to listen to the one that grated on him the most was Barney. After coming out of the coma the man had an undying hatred of Barney because he had to endure so much of it.
I don’t know if the story is true, but it freaked me out.
So since I’m freaked out by the concept of being driven mad by a hospital TV in the event I’m ever in a coma, I have some rules for the TV just in case.
- I would like at least one news broadcast played per day so that if I come out of my hypothetical coma I don’t have to catch up to the world.
- If The Golden Girls is on, change the channel to that.
- Try to play foreign language media for me as much as possible so I don’t forget my languages.
- Please no cop dramas i.e NCIS or Law and Order. They freak me out while also boring me to death.
- Try to play mainly sitcoms on the tv. I like Seinfeld, TGG, King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, Louie, Sex and the City, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (my guilty pleasure, don’t judge me) The Simpsons (earlier seasons), and The Nanny quite a bit. I however don’t like Friends, Family Guy, The Big Bang Theory, or Cheers. Don’t play The Big Bang Theory for the love of god.
- If Flavor of Love reruns come on, you have to play them for me. No excuses.
So that’s all that comes to mind when I think about what I’d like on the TV if I’m in a coma. Put a little reminder in your brain about this just in case.
Thank you for reading! ♡