Orlando Day 6: Going to EPCOT Alone

Back with another Disney entry.

This day was an odd day. As I mentioned in my last entry, my mom was getting sick. On this day, she felt full fledged awful. To the point where she went to a carenow off property. I wanted to accompany her, but she told me to go to EPCOT alone because she knows it’s my favorite park. I felt kinda guilty all day and ended up leaving the park early to be with my mom at night.

But let’s not sulk, and let’s follow me around EPCOT!

Ok, so first thing in the morning I woke up and left because I had a reservation at 1900 Park Faire at 7:15 and that’s one of my favorites.

on the bus to the magic kingdom so I can take the monorail to the Grand Floridian

I love the Grand Floridian. It’s so pretty and princessy and I just adore being there. One of the things on my bucket list is to stay at the Grand Floridian.

Once I got there I had a tough time finding 1900 Park Faire. I kinda walked around like an idiot until I finally found it. The staff seemed surprised that I was alone. I guy with cute broken english hit on me I think, it kinda freaked me out though.

It’s so soft and nice inside.

So to take these photos I set up my tripod on the table and used my shutter button. That’s why my hand is strategically out of frame. I really like these ones though, I must say I’m good at getting a flattering angle.

Where my mom should’ve been 😦

I really like the food there. They had more stuff than most of the breakfast buffets. I ate a lot. The Mad Hatter ate one of my lemons too.

Very exciting. I was scared the giant gingerbread house would be gone, but it wasn’t there were little character portraits over all the windows and they were wearing winter outfits! My favorite was Tiana, duh.

Did I mention I really like the Grand Floridian? I noodled around for about 40 minutes looking at all the decor. The pink and blue christmas decorations were very nice.

After this, I took the monorail to EPCOT.

At the EPCOT gates there were only like 3 people checking bags and it took like 30 minutes to get through the line.

Doesn’t matter how long it takes to get there though because it’s EPCOT!!!!

First on the agenda was The Seas with Nemo and Friends.

It’s a really cute ride and the line moved super fast.

After that I looked around in Mouse Gears, the huge gift shop and I found something I really, really liked.


It took a lot of restraint to not spend like 45 dollars on these dolls. I know I don’t need them.

I also found a very cute restroom that was very empty so I camwhored in it.

How could I refuse!? The tiles are all cute and primary colored.

Next, I decided to walk through the World Showcase. It’s my favorite part of all of Disney probably.

I also had reservations for Nine Dragons. I really like that restaurant (I know, unpopular opinion) because they have the best vegetarian/vegan options in my opinion. Most of the time our food at Disney is very boring or tastes like baking soda for some reason.

My waiter in Nine Dragons was so, so, painfully attractive. He looked like a combo of Huang Zitao and Jeon Jungkook. Like, I wanted to stay there forever and stare at him.

Also, they were playing erhu covers of christmas songs in the restaurant and it made me laugh. The “First Noel” cover was great though. I need to know where you buy erhu christmas carols.

I then left and looked around most of the World Showcase.

I spent like… an hour in the Mitsukoshi store in Japan.

The view of EPCOT from the Germany pavillion.

My mom asked me to find a wallet in the England Pavillion and it took me like 40 minutes of going into every store in the pavillion over and over until I finally found it in between some boxes of tea.

I sat in the little park area behind the England pavillion for a while and drank the ramune I bought in the Japan pavillion for like a half hour.

I had a fast pass for Spaceship Earth soon, so I booked it over there.

In line I was behind this family who had never ridden it before and they asked me to explain the ride and if it would scare their daughters who were like 4 and 6. I told them a basic synopsis of the ride and then had the pleasure of being around to hear the dad explain to the 4 year old how time works. It blew her mind.

I put the narration in the ride on Japanese. ALWAYS BE LEARNING.

I then decided to go to the land pavillion to ride Living with the Land. Aother favorite of mine.

There was like nobody there and i got a boat to myself. Hahaha, dorks 1 everybody else 0.

I also had some of the astounding lentil soup and the vegan curry at Sunshine Seasons for dinner after that. The lentil soup is like, the best, but the curry wasn’t my thing. It had mock meat in it an mock meat just freaks me out, honestly.

After that I made an attempt at riding Test Track. I waited for 30 minutes and then they made an announcement that the ride was having difficulties and they shut it down for the night 😦

I left after that.

It was quite dark, but it was only like 18:30.

I really like this photo.

I got my other half of my bambi topiary photos. I got Bambi in the morning and Thumper and Flower in the evening.

I then went back to the hotel to be with my mom. We watched project runway.

Thank you for reading!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.